Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

My Name is Patti, and I'm an Addict! I admit I have a problem!

I am officially addicted to my Gelli Plates! Yes, I said plate's', plural! I now have all three of those babies - thank you Santa! I don't know if its how fast you can produce such great prints or if its the suspense wondering what the next pull will reveal. But its something very addicting for sure. My hubby keeps asking, Babe, what are you going to do with all those papers? (God love him, he just doesn't get it!) Ummmm, I'm going to look at them! Hello!!! I did get myself a Cinch Binder Tool with my gift certificate he got me at The Queen's Ink, so some of my prints will live to become a page in a book. Some are so cool I hate to punch holes in them. I'm thinking a 10' x 10' frame with a gynormous collage of all my favs??? That should go over big! Hon, we need to rent a forklift to get my collage upstairs!!! 

In doing all these prints, I'm learning a thing or two about the gelli plate and the results you can get from pulls done a particular way. Being the open and giving person that I am (makes me sound nice, doesn't it?), I decided to try my hand at making a YouTube video. So don't you know that halfway thru what I was doing, my iPhone stops filming - apparently I have a storage issue - but I decided to upload that puppy anyway since it did tape the segment showing what I set out to convey. You can (and really REALLY should, hint hint!) check out my YouTube premier here. I watch tons of YouTube videos and I think I've watched every Gelli Plate out there, and I can honestly say that I've never seen one with someone doing this 'clean up' technique the way I do it. Now I'm not near cocky enough to think that I am the only person in the Gelli Plate kingdom that does this, but I am saying I have yet to see a video about it. These next prints are earlier examples of the results I got when I used the same technique I demo in the video. And I still don't know what to call it - Double Dip Whammy Clean-Up Pull? (Perhaps not!) 

I LOVE how this one came out! You can see the shadows in the green metallic of the remnants that were lifted from the dirty plate. This is one of my favs! Definitely going in the 10' x 10' collage! 

 You can see on this one that only what was the positive part of the stencil is showing the shadows I picked up. This process is covered in the video. 









 I'm not wild about this one, but its not finished yet either. This was just a clean up thru a circle stencil using Golden Interference Violet on black card stock. 

Another print using the positive remains of the stencil. 

So back to the regular ole basic printing, not the Double Dippy Clean Up Whammy prints - hey - that does sort of just roll off the tongue, doesn't it??? Be prepared to keep scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and...








 I am crazy about this 3D stencil. I've used it a lot as you will see, but its really cool!



 If you look really, really close, you'll see that crackle pattern under the black stencil print.











 This is a close up of a pull of the 3D stencil. Looks like an octopus tentacle -- I have to be very careful when I say that word aloud! 




























 This one was used as the banner on the Dyan Reaveley Society closed group page on FaceBook! 

 See what I mean about this 3D stencil? Love it! 













And the aftermath: 



That's all for now folks! And if your hand is killing you from all this scrolling, I can recommend a great Carpal Tunnel doc! 

Oh, and guess what I'm doing tonight??? My friend Jodi is coming over for a playdate -- wait for it -- on the Gelli Plate!!! Yay!!! 

Oh, did I mention you should really, REALLY take a look at my video??? Just sayin'! Since its my first take, I'd welcome your input and feedback. 

Thanks again for taking your precious time to stop by and see what I've been up to lately. 

Take care, 

Patti 

31 comments:

  1. Ummm, yes.... addict... Love it! Better start checking rates for fork lift rentals... LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obsessed? Possessed? Cool!!!! Looking for a storage shed to put the forklift and papers in? I'd say you'd found your muse! Video was fun! Made me miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the above! Would love to meet for lunch, or even a play date!

      Delete
  3. LOVE all your prints!!!!!!!!!!! I MUST get me that 3D stencil, is it TCW? And I will watch your video!!! Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wanda. That stencil is from iStencil.com. I love it!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Patti!!! It is actually iStencils (with an s) but as you can tell, I found it and boy am I in trouble. They have a lot of great stencils!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Your prints are some of the best I've seen...so cool! Keep sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti,
    Love you did an excellent job on your Fist YouTube :) & Yes for the iphone there is storage issue to an extent. If you have cloud access via your google account or just post to your YouTube after completion or even plug it in & download to laptop or comp you will have a saved version & can clear the vid from you phone. Okay so I'm done with the techy stuff. :)
    These are soooo SPECTACULAR!!! I've never even heard of these before but I can bet my last dollar that I will be watching. Your heARTistry is Fantastico & I'm not ready for a carpal Doc but I sure love scrolling.
    I'm In AWE!
    HUGS xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! And thanks for the iPhone tip as well. I'll give that a try. I just joined your blog. Fun stuff!

      Delete
  6. You are a kick in the pants. Totally get the addiction and thanks for sharing all these great prints!!! So cool. Love your style! Have you read the blog about adding watercolor, stamps and inks to your prints on the gelli arts page? Ive been experimenting and having fun with that on some of my 100s of pages. Now off to check out your vid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thanks so much! Somehow I missed that video but I'd love to have be link to it. Do they add those mediums after the gel printing or during?

      Delete
  7. Love your work! Am having trouble finding a distributor of Pebeo Studio Dyna Acrylics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. Its cool how different everyone's prints are and how their style still comes out thru them. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you'll join my blog!

      Delete
  9. Hi Patti, great work and I see lots of StencilGirl Products on these pages :) I gave you a shoutout over on our Facebook page. I love my Gelli Plate(s) too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, thanks so much! I LOVE your stencils. I have a few more picked out to order next. Must have that new spiral!

      Delete
  10. Wow! So prolific! Wonderful fun art! This post and all your photos are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally gorgeous! Love the irridescent paints and the prints with the gold near the end... all of them really! I also love gelli plates, and have been having so much fun with them lately too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. They are such a simple tool but so much fun.

      Delete
  12. I love these papers. Have added you to my Google Reader so I can see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, thanks so much Bernice. Hope to post again soon. Any maybe another video!

      Delete
  13. Such gorgeous gelli plate prints!! You make me want to take mine out again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take that puppy out and start printing! ;o) Have you seen my video? It may give you some ideas!

      Delete
  14. Patti....I thoroughly enjoyed your video...you are a pro !!! I love all the chatter & your creative genius !!! I play with my gelli plate a lot....but have never made a 'sammich' or many of the other things you did !!!

    Looking forward to seeing many more videos from you !!!
    TYVM !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much Solo! Such a sweet note. I hope to make many more videos as well. I just have to come up with some topics relevant enough to video about! ;o)

      Delete
  15. Oh what HAPPY HAPPY PAPERS! I LOVE THEM ALL!
    sucessfull new GELLI PLATE year to you and a big hug from
    FROEBELSTERNCHEN FROM AUSTRIA



    to give a perfect use on this fanatstic papers you have to take part on our monthly
    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY

    Would be very happy to meet you there!


    ReplyDelete
  16. So many gorgeous prints! Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete