Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

This and That...(figured out the pic upload thingy!)

Eureka! I finally had time to try to research the issue of not being able to upload photos today and figured it out! Geeeeeez!!!

So let's get to the good stuff, shall we? 

I can't seem to stop making texture panels since I was in Jodi Ohl's class at Create Art Retreat in New Jersey. The substrate for these is claybord. Its very reasonably priced and readily available and comes in lots of sizes. I haven't tried this technique on anything but claybord. I'm guessing the intense heat you need to cause the bubbly texture to happen doesn't seem to affect the claybord whatsoever. These are made using Silks Acrylic Glazes. If you haven't tried these you really should. Loaded with pigment, very sheer but can be layered for intensity, and they mix perfectly with one another when you overlap them. Here are a few I've made recently. 

You may have already seen this one if you follow me on Ustream. I did this one live while streaming one night. The video is available at my Ustream channel and I also uploaded it to YouTube. Sometimes I giveaway the project I make on my Ustream to one of the viewers. This panel is on its way to Paula S!

  

  



 I did this one on a larger piece of claybord, I think its 9 x 12. I wanted it for our bedroom which is decorated in turquoise and browns. I thought this would look nice in there. 












 This is a triptych I made for my niece Chelsea. This was in honor of Chelsea's Mom Janine, my sister-in-law that we lost three years ago, much, much too soon. When we see a butterfly, we say its Janine visiting. Her ashes were placed to rest in the Atlantic Ocean, so we also refer to her as our Mermaid. And Chelsea has always said her Mom was her anchor . Chels loves turquoise like I do, so this is what I came up with. 








   
 My other sister-in-law Linda got this one. She retired and moved to a house not far from the beach in Delaware and has it decorated in blues and tans. She got a small black easel to sit it on. 




Another new thing I've been trying my hand at is doodling. I ran across Joanne Fink's book and her YouTube videos online and fell in love with her ZenDangles -- that's not a type-o -- she dangles, she doesn't tangle! I started using my new small size Dylusions journal as my doodling and sketching book that I carry with me most of the time. When I find myself having a few minutes to spare, I dangle! Here are some of my efforts: 

 I thought I was finished with this one, but then kept coming back and adding more and more to it. I did the coloring with Sakura Glaze Pens. 

  




I think I'm finished! ;o) This is 11 x 14. 

 These next few are done in my small Dylusions Journal. I really like this size. 














Well, I don't know about you, but I feel much better. Its good to know I'm back up and running on the blog. I hope you enjoyed these few projects. I've been playing with some other new stuff -- well, new to me anyway. I'll share that as soon as I can find the time.

Stay tuned...Gelli printing on fabric and some things I've made with the results coming next ! 

Happy Arting, 

Patti 

18 comments:

  1. clapping for photo up loads

    nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love your work Patti

    Erika aka MsShutterbug

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Grinning) Thanks for the sneak peek!! Those are awesome and wondering how Golden's Glaze would work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula! I don't think you'd get the same effect because of the mica and pigments in the Silks. Let me know if you try it!

      Delete
  4. Boy are you rocking this stuff. Where have I been. I love the dangles, but then again I love everything you do. Apple festival is just around the corner....... See you soon Chica.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girlfriend! I can't wait for the festival! Lots going on and I haven't been getting to play as often as usual. Hoping that changes soon! Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for posting the pictures. If you could add the products you use when you post, that would be really helpful. I followed the link to the YouTube video, sometimes I have time to watch them, but sometimes I have to skip through them. Love your work, I'm addicted to Gelli thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, thanks for the note. Which products were you curious about? Anything in particular that I could answer for you? Gelli is addicting, isn't it? It should come with a warning label! ha

      Delete
    2. Silks and Clayboard. I never heard of those before.

      I should have added that YOU are addicting. I wish I didn't work so I could watch you all day. Every time I see something else you've done, inside I say Ohhhhhhhh noooooooooooo, there goes another paycheck, I HAVE to try that, I HAVE to buy that, lol

      Thanks for all of your art, I have been a stamper for years, now I'm going in all directions because of your postings! I've Zentangled, before now I'm going to have to try dangling, there just isn't enough time to do all the crafty things I want to do . . . keep it up, I'm enjoying every minute!


      Delete
    3. Hey Diane, I'd apologize for spending all your money, but it wouldn't be sincere! LOL I'm taking everyone down with me! The one who dies with the most supplies wins!

      Silks acrylic glazes - awesome stuff. You can buy them online or at Michael's now. www.splashofcolor.com

      Claybord is just a solid, hard substrate to use for various types of art, and it will stand up to the heat it takes to make the Silks bubble up. You find it near the canvases in art stores.

      Hope this helps.

      Delete
  6. Oh how I love the dangles!!! Of course the Gelli stuff is one of my favs too.....miss your postings on You Tube...but so glad to hear that all is well and you're just having fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne. Actually I've had some testing done lately, ultrasound, biopsy and a PET scan, but got the final ALL CLEAR just this evening. So I've been juggling all that too. I hope to do a YouTube and hopefully a UStream over the long weekend coming up.

      Delete
  7. As always, your work is gorgeous!!! LOVE those bubbles and how you took advantage of them. Now I must check out the dangles...I doodle and tangle so this will add to my arsenal. Thanks and enjoy the holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lujean! You have a great weekend as well. Oh, by the way, we are considering taking a 8.5 week old yellow lab male pup on in addition to Mojo and Babe! OMG! You'll have to move closer to be our personal pet pamperer!

      Delete
  8. Patti, I love your gelli print fabrics, AND what you've made (and are making) with it, but even more, I love your diagnostic imaging/test results. All I can say is, thank you Lord, we need Patti here, for now, and some time to come!

    ReplyDelete